Thursday, January 13, 2011

The New Year

We are, luckily, still at a time in our lives when we can celebrate New Year's at a reasonable hour and then send the kids to bed. :) This year we had a lunch bag pinata (I'm too lazy to try and add the proper spanish lettering), sparkling cider, an online countdown timer, bubble wrap, horns, hats/crowns and SPARKLERS! My kids who were terrified of sparklers back on pioneer day finally decided that they were cool. (Grace had been up since 5:30am so she missed the party.) I've never been a huge fan on New Year's Eve. It never really held any magic for me - it just seemed like another night to stay up late and attend a church dance. (haha) However, I think I'm turning a corner. I like celebrations and I think having them at random times (like half-birthdays) makes things at home seem just a bit more magical. Since we started really celebrating New Year's Eve (kiddie style) it has been a blast!







No comments:

Post a Comment