Saturday, February 27, 2010

Update

Seems like I must still be burnt out from Christmas. Or just burnt out period. But it's Birthday time around here again so I'm gonna do a quick update post before we get to the good stuff!




Aaron - had to get glasses! I was laughing my head off, cause he is always bugging me to wear my contacts and now he has his own set of glasses! Lanette heard me laughing about it and so when he finally got them she thought we should laugh at him...oops. Then I had to have a good talk with her about how it wasn't nice to laugh at people and we should make sure to give Daddy lots of compliments and tell him how handsome he looks (and boy, does he look handsome!)

Lanette - Asked me the other day, "what does hell mean?" Inside I was freaking out (who is she getting this from, friends? preschool?), but like the seasoned (haha) mother I am I said, "what do you mean? Where did you hear that? She promptly burst into song "Hail to the King, Hail to the Queen, Hail to the princess Aurora! From Sleeping Beauty!!" But seriously, have you ever tried to explain the concept of Hail to a 4 year old? The other "hail" might have been easier!

Parker - Wanted to watch a new show we got from the library last Sunday and he kept bugging me about it, but I kept saying No because it wasn't a "Sunday Show" and he would not let it go, until he finally left for a few minutes and I thought he'd finally given up. Not exactly. He came back a few minutes later and said "mom, I said a prayer." and I was like "good" and then he finished his thought "that this could be a Sunday show!" Unfortunately I still said no, but he dealt with it okay!

Grace - Likes to empty all the cloths and baggies out of the bottom drawer in the kitchen and she is super social. She can make you smile no matter how bad your day has been! She's started standing up by herself int he middle of the floor and she sometimes takes a little step so she is on her way to walking. The kids just can't get enough of her and I have to practically beg them to stay out of her room when she is napping.

I've been exercising like a mad woman and trying to help Aaron look for jobs and cooking and cleaning and washing clothes and....you get the idea. I've been inspired by a friend who made a list of 30 things she wanted to do before she turned 30 and since I'm turning 29 in a few months I've been trying to think of 30 things to put on my list - got any suggestions?

Whew. More than you wanted to know, but still - it's an update! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love Parker's "Sunday movie" story. I can totally see Jonathan doing that! :)

    ReplyDelete