Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New blankets

























The last time I went home to Weiser I realized that I wanted to start using my sewing machine and I decided that the best way would be to buy stuff for blankets for the kids. Roberts Arts and Crafts (man, I miss that store...) had cute little patterns and I'm proud to say that without too much pain I made this cute little blanket for Lanette.





























The one I made for Parker was partly my mother's doing. She provided the soft material and showed me a good way to stitch them together so that it would look cute - and it does! Isn't Parkers hair getting dark? I'll bet the sun makes it lighter this summer, but I'm not sure he's going to stay a blondie. Which is kinda sad, 'cause I'm pretty used to him being blonde!

5 comments:

  1. They did turn out totally cute. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lanette's blankie. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT JOB!!! Quilting is NOT one of my natural talents nor is it my natural love. But my mom keeps me busy with buying me fabric to make quilts. I think i have 3 or 4 in the works;) We miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh!! They turned out adorable!! I finished one of my skirts and have the other one cut out, but not having access to a sewing maching here slows me down. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blankets! I love to sew but find it hard to do when I have little hands trying to help with everything!

    ReplyDelete