Saturday, September 12, 2009

Like 2 peas in a pod

Parker and Lanette can fight with the best of them, but they have some great moments too! I love it so much when I find them having a blast together. Lanette has started preschool and Parker misses her. One day when she got back in the van after preschool he said "I missed you Nettie, can you come and give me a hug?" (awww)

We like to celebrate half-birthdays in our house. Nothing fancy - just tons of fun! We do an activity like feed the ducks or swim at the hot springs and then have half a cake complete with a "half" candle added to their age.


At 2 1/2 Parker has started talking so much more! His new thing is to break out into song (especially ones he learns in nursery). The other day Aaron had Parker with him in the grocery store and Parker started belting out "If you chance to meet a frown..." He still loves his 'cat' and blanket and he is still such a sweetheart!

Preschool has been the best present ever for 4 1/2 year old Lanette. She lucked out and got into the USU Child Development Lab (which is inexpensive and awesome!). So 4 days a week she gets to go draw, paint, do crafts, play outside, go on walking field trips and basically have a blast! She is in heaven. After her first day she said, "I had so much fun, it was so much fun!" She still keeps me on my toes and is super loving. Oh, and when Grace wakes up in the morning she gets in the crib with her and makes her smile and laugh so that I can sleep longer. If that isn't love - I don't know what is!

3 comments:

  1. I love your affection for 1/2 birthdays. Maybe we'll have to do that this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...my affection - you mean my craziness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's all i can do to get one birthday celebration in each year---your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom.

    ReplyDelete