
We are trying to get to know the local surroundings and one of the first things we did was find a spot where we could do a campfire! It was a little fire pit right on the banks of the Mississippi river! We roasted hot dogs and had s'mores. Lanette is really starting to try to do things by herself (like pour her own juice) and while I was eating I looked over and she had gotten 2 marshmellows on the roasting stick and got to experience setting fire to her first set of s'more marshmellows! Something I'm sure we've all experienced - except apparently my Dad whose marshmellow roasting skills could win a gold medal! After her first mallows burnt she did a pretty great job with the rest of them. The other bonus about this little camping area - it had a great playground too!
No comments:
Post a Comment